Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Most Delicious Meatballs



I had a vision today for a turkey meatball recipe. I made it happen. It was awesome!!

Minced ingredients all in a row!
MEATBALL INGREDIENTS
1 lbs Kosher lean turkey
1 small onion- diced super fine
1 shallot- diced super fine
1 garlic clove- diced super fine
1 bunch of parsley- diced super fine
1 egg
1/2 tsp (could have used more) sun dried tomato powder from the North Market Spices in Columbus
salt & pepper
smoked salt
thyme infused olive oil
olive oil

Meatballs simmering!
First, I sauteed the olives, shallots, and garlic in the thyme olive oil for just a minute. I put them aside and mixed them in with the turkey, egg, parsley, tomato powder, onion/shallot/garlic, salt and pepper, and a small pinch of smoked salt. I balled them up (a bit larger than a golf ball) and cooked them in the onion/shallot/garlic pan with regular olive oil. Once they were thoroughly cooked, I added a small can of tomato sauce (just sauce, nothing special) and coarsely chopped sweet basil.

The final dinner plate
I served the meatballs up with kale and whole wheat couscous. It was an awesome dinner, but seriously- the best meatballs I've ever made! Considering I have only made a few, this isn't a huge feat, but everyone who ate them agreed they were totally awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I've been looking for a nice turkey meat ball recipe- thank you!

    ReplyDelete