Monday, January 2, 2012

The first blog

Last night, my husband Nathan suggested to me that I start a blog. It is an idea that I have been toying around with for months, but didn't want to seem like I was trying the "Julie Julia" thing. I love food. I love to eat food, I love to cook food, I love to read about food. I love food gadgets. I love cookbooks. I love cooking shows. I don't, however, have good handwriting. I print off recipes and make little scribbly notes, but then can't read them later. To remedy this situation, I have decided that a blog would be the perfect tool for me. I will be able to write about the things I cook, bake, eat, read about, etc. If anything, this will be a great opportunity for me to keep track of things and share them with other people.

A little bit about myself:
I was a vegetarian for 14 years and have decided to eat meat again in the the last year. I still cook plenty of vegetarian food, most days of the week in fact, but every so often we have meat. I keep Kosher (http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm) because I am Jewish. I am adventurous and always trying to improve my repertoire and skills.

So, here it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your blog and hear about your yummy adventures!

    ReplyDelete