Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crêpes

I love breakfast. It is probably my favorite meal of the day. I love eggs. I love grits. I love (soy) bacon. I love bagels and lox. I just love breakfast. I always eat a nice breakfast, but over the weekend I really enjoy a nice big breakfast either at home or out.

Plain Crêpes

This morning, I wanted to try out my first crêpes . They were pretty tasty, but anyone could tell that they were my first. I took the recipe from the Food Network: 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup milk. The recipe said that it would make 6 servings, but it barely made 4. I think that they turned out more pancakey than crêpe. I wonder if I used more milk would it a little thinner and easier to spread out.

We had crêpes a few ways. Nathan made his with maple syrup and chipotle sauce. I made my one half with Vermont maple cream cheese and the other half with Bonne Maman Cherry jam.
Breakfast Crêpes

Anyway, the breakfast crêpes were assembled this way:
1 slice american cheese
1/2 cup home made hash browns (potatoes, butter, Melting Pot spices)
2 slices Morningstar Farms Vegetarian Bacon Strips, crumbled
1 egg fried sunny-side up

The meal was delicious overall but I am sure that my next crêpes will be fabulous and thin and everything I remember them to be from when we were in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment