Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dinner Party

Last night we had some friends over for a dinner party. It was a cold and snowy night so I popped a few logs on the fire (still working on that) and cooked up a nice winter meal. We had brisket with a white wine mustard sauce (see recipes below), caramelized onions on thick cut organic wide leaf kale (wilted with a little white wine, olive oil, salt and pepper), organic yellow skinned potatoes (roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper), and thick cut beefsteak tomatoes with smoked salts. We also had a nice green salad that my friend brought, and I made a delicious balsamic vinaigrette, my very first!

For dessert, we had a lot of leftovers from our New Year's party: Nutella cookies, whiskey shortbread cookie bites, pomegranate champagne sorbet topped with pop rocks, and other various cookie bites and chocolate bites we had around.

I do enjoy entertaining. I have so much fun setting the table in my house with my beautiful tablecloth and dishes. I love my beautiful serving wear and my silverware. I can't always promise that what I make is delicious, but it always looks great!

White Wine Mustard Sauce
The recipe called for 1/2 cup dry white wine, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon.
I used more wine (about a cup or so), and a little less mustard.
Whisk together mustard and wine, simmer until thick, add tarragon.

Balsamic Vinaigrette
A deliciously thick balsamic vinegar that my brother Josh (www.joshrzepka.com) got us for Hanukkah, thyme olive oil, olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 clove fresh minced garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment