Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cookbook: Movida Rustica


One of the best parts of being a teacher is Barnes and Noble's teacher appreciation weeks. Teachers get 25% off books and 10% off CDs/DVDs for one week every once in a while. This weekend I decided to get a cookbook that I spotted and couldn't take my eyes off of. Movida Rustica is "A Return to Spanish Home Cooking" by Frank Camorra with tremendous pictures by Richard Cornish. More than the recipes, I was attracted to the pictures. They were just so fabulous, it inspired me to want to try sardines and anchovies. I am not sure which recipes to start with but I know one thing: I must have a Spanish Tapas party, and soon! With recipes like patitas panadera con setas (soft potatoes and onions with mushrooms thickened with egg), potaje de garbanzos con espinacas y bacalao (aromatic chickpea potage with spinach and salt cod), puerros cocidos (slow-cooked buttery leeks), and truita amb suc (spinach and white bean tortilla in sauce), how could my mouth not be watering?

As soon as I try out some recipes, a proper review will be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment