Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thyme Brie Alfredo

Thyme Brie Alfredo
What do you do with leftover pasta and a block of Brie? Alfredo! My friend Efrat got me Barilla Piccolini Mini Pipe Pasta with Carrots and Squash for Hanukkah and we had cooked it up on Tuesday or Wednesday, and it was so good! With the leftovers I sautéed it up in a pan with butter, melted in Brie, added a bit of milk to cream it out, added some dried thyme, salt, and pepper. I was thinking it would be more like macaroni and cheese and to my great delight it turned out to be Alfredo! It was so good and all the sauce got into the pasta since they were like large macaroni noodles. This is a makeshift fridge cleaner recipe that totally worked out!

In other news, I finally got a small set of (dairy) China yesterday. They are beautiful and I cannot wait to have people over for a dairy meal! I also got a new book about herbs- growing them, keeping them, cooking with them. When I get a chance to go through them all I will post about it. I also heard about a book called "Cooking for Geeks" that sounds so interesting that I am adding it to my list of books to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment