Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dill Salmon, Potatoes, & Wine Brussels Sprouts

A Dilly Dinner
Feeling the cold of winter can sometimes make me feel lonesome for the summertime. In the summer, my Yaya (grandmother) makes her famous potato salad with dill, onions, and capers. My summer is literally not complete if I don't get my potatoes. Sometimes I try to replicate her recipes, but they are never the same, naturally. For dinner on Thursday, I got some fabulous looking salmon and decided to give a simple dill salmon a try. I cooked the salmon very simply with salt, pepper, olive oil, and fresh dill (I put the dill on after it had been in a 350* oven long enough to not be entirely raw). Once I was sure that the fish was just right, I took it out to serve.

Brussels Sprouts Cooking in Wine
Dill Potatoes

Side dish #1 was dill potato salad. I used white fingerling potatoes and I boiled them until fork tender. I tossed them with olive oil, sea salt, dill, and some pepper. Side dish #2 was Brussels sprouts with wine. I sauteed them with olive oil until slightly browned and then added Riesling and reduced the wine quite a bit. I added the Melting Pot Wine Seasoning. As a whole dish, I found it all to be quite delicious. My favorite part was definitely the potatoes. I know they will be just as awesome reheated, or even cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment