Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zucchini Eggplant Tomato Sauce over Ravioli


I can add this to the list of delicious tomato sauces I have made so far. I took one small white onion and sauteed it in a pan with olive oil until lightly brown and add about 4 small garlic cloves, minced. I added two finely chopped small zucchinis and cooked them for about 5 minutes. I added one small Spanish eggplant, finely chopped. Add a handful of finely chopped sun dried tomatoes and heat them for a few minutes before adding in a can of diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and a handful of finely chopped fresh basil leaves. Simmer sauce for a few minutes until nice and thick. This time I served it over butternut squash ravioli and smoked mozzarella ravioli, because that was what I had in the freezer from the Pastaria Seconda at the North Market in Columbus. I served it with large slices of fresh mozzarella and I let it get nice and soft before digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment