Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kiwifruit Avocado Guacamole

Twice now, we have gone to a fantastic restaurant in Cleveland called Paladar. It is a Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar and they make daily special guacamole to order. I was thinking of something to make for a party and I decided to go Paladar style and spice up some guacamole. I thought maybe something sweet could be a special mix, so I used kiwifruit. It turned out to be such a nice sweet and savory side dish, I couldn't wait to share it! Something else to be aware of is that it didn't turn brown nearly as quickly as other guacamole do. I do believe that it had to do more with the kiwifruit than with the lime juice since I didn't use much lime juice and it stayed bright green even 3 days later. To serve, I placed the guacamole in a bowl and made a ring of fresh cut tomato around the rim to give it a little color.

Kiwifruit and Avocado Guacamole
4 avocados
3 kiwifruit
2 tsp olive oil
1 small/medium lime, squeezed
salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder to taste

Mix all ingredients together to desired consistency and serve with chips or even eat with a spoon! Garlic powder could be traded for fresh minced garlic. ~125 calories per serving, recipe makes 12 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Great write up. I will give you a site where I got real fruit on powder form, I mix it with milk and ice cream to go healthy. they have papaya, soursop, papaya, pineapple. A lot of fruits and veggies. Enjoy guys! http://www.freshlydried.com

    ReplyDelete